fruit mash recipie for for yummy fruit flavored moonshine
1. Clean 10-20 gallon plastic bucket with a tight fitting lid (you should be able to get one from the paint store)
2. Clear rubber hose 1/4 inch in diameter about 2 feet in lenght
3. 1/4 inch drill bit
4. Big Gulp cup half filled with water
5. 5-10 gallons water
6. 5lbs. fruit (your favorite choice)
7. 5lbs sugar
8. Silicone caulk
9. 10 packs of yeast (yeast from the baking section at the super market will do fine but if you want to spend the money you can use brewer's yeast which ca be bought online and specialty stores)
mash the fruit in the bucket or if it is a harder fruit put it in a blender first. then add the water until the bucket is half full. mix in the sugar, then mix the yeast with some water in a small pot and bring it to a boil. Take it off the heat and mix in the the mash as soon as it starts to have bubbles forming in the pot, make sure you stir well during this step. Add more water to the mash until your bucket is almost full and stir well. Drill a hole in the middle of the lid and run the tube into the hole and secure it with the caulk on both sides. seal the bucket and put the other end of the tube in your half full Big Gulp cup.
When the mash begins to ferment the water in the cup will bubble and the day it stops the fermentation is complete. Do not let the mash sit longer than needed or it will spoil.
Once you distill you mash into alcohol, place some pieces of fruit into a glass container then add the alcohol to the glass container(the more fruit you add to the final step the more flavor). In a cool dry place let the alcohol sit for about 2-3 weeks. Finally, strain out the fruit and enjoy.